Preparation is one of the most important steps in having a successful Interview! We offer all of our candidates comprehensive interview coaching sessions prior to the scheduled meetings but here are our consultants top 10 quick tips for interview preparation!
- Make sure that when you are discussing your main strengths, selling points or answering any questions that you back then up with solid practical examples.
- Always dress smart for the occasion; you only have one chance at a first impression!
- Never speak negatively about your previous; experiences, managers or colleagues.
- Take the time to research the company, read through the job description and write down any areas that you may need clarification on.
- Prepare questions to take with you to the interview! Make sure if you have questions that you do ask them in the interview! Not only does it show you are an engaged candidate but it is also just as important for you to fully understand everything in order to make an informed career decision.
- Speak clearly! There is little point in attending an interview if the hiring manager cannot understand what you are saying! If English is not your first language, don’t panic, just slow down your communication and keep eye contact, so you can make sure that you are being understood.
- Try to relax, an interview is just as much about them getting to know your personality, so it is important that this shines through and you are being yourself!
- Take the time to thoroughly read through the job description. Write down why you are the right person for this role, be that your skills, personality, previous experience, knowledge or education. It is important that you remember to prepare in accordance to the specific job/company in question.
- It’s vital that you approach the interview with an open mind and a positive attitude. You will likely be working closely with or reporting to the interviewer, so it is important to show them you are flexible, hard working, approachable and friendly.
Last but not least, make sure you remember to smile, try to have fun and be enthusiastic! If you are interested in the role, show it! Thank them at the end of the interview for seeing you and that you look forward to hearing from them.