Sarah is originally from Berkshire in the UK and worked as a secondary school art teacher for four years before moving to Malta. She loved her experiences as a teacher and it was this enjoyment of interacting with people that led to her getting involved in the field of recruitment and started working with Betting Connections in October 2016. Sarah loves live music, animals, and sunshine, and has spent many summers at music festivals around the UK.
The Compliance Officer will be responsible for handling all compliance requirements and managing regulatory compliance matters across several jurisdictions.
You will also provide day-to-day compliance related support to the business and assist in the design and implementation of multiple processes for both internal and external audit reviews. In addition, you’ll help draft and implement new company policies and procedures and have the opportunity to assist in any relevant training programs.
- At least 2 years experience working with gaming regulations in recognised regulated jurisdictions (UK, Alderney, Gibraltar, Malta, Scandinavia, and possibly the US)
- Solid experience of completing license applications for major jurisdictional bodies
- At least 2 years experience with obtaining certification of software platforms and/or games for regulated gaming jurisdictions
- Experience in submitting content to and liaising with ATFs throughout compliance test cycles
- The ability to help guide the team by interpreting regulatory constraints and finding efficient methods to establish and maintain compliance
- Ability to articulate ideas and concepts effectively to both internal and external stakeholders, in plain language, at all levels
- A highly pro-active, pragmatic and communicative nature
- Must be detail and quality-oriented with strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- A thorough knowledge of the gambling industry and game rules
- Well organised and self-motivated, with the ability to manage competing priorities
- Experience with, or good knowledge of internet gaming compliance in regulated us online states (a major plus)
- Exposure to gaming technologies (html5, java, etc)
- Understanding of mobile technologies (ios, android, html5)
- Experience with software QA testing
- Experience with Mantis, JIRA, or other issue tracking software
- The ability to work well within a busy team
- The ability to travel from time to time where required