Sarah is originally from Berkshire in the UK and worked as a secondary school art teacher for four years before moving to Malta. She loved her experiences as a teacher and it was this enjoyment of interacting with people that led to her getting involved in the field of recruitment and started working with Betting Connections in October 2016. Sarah loves live music, animals, and sunshine, and has spent many summers at music festivals around the UK.
Candidates with experience of commercial development for mobile devices and knowledge of device requirements and limitations would be at a distinct advantage.
You will help design, develop and maintain game client code, working with the team to apply best development practise. You will collaborate to get the most of and grow everyone's skills, and to create quality, maintainable code. You will continuously improve the team's tools and processes. You will also be actively part of the code reviews. You are happy to learn and adapt new technologies.
- Study requirement specifications and design coding structures as necessary.
- Examine existing code/software base and modify or re-write as necessary.
- Develop user interfaces as specified by brand owners.
- Cross team and cross function work, with internal and customer-based teams in and around the UK, Europe and the World.
- Experience of working as a game front-end client developer within the gambling industry
- Knowledge of node.js, XHR/ajax (three.js would be an advantage)
- Experience developing audio and visually rich content with detailed/complex animations and player controls.
- Excellent understanding of object-oriented programming concepts, inheritance and composition.
- Solid experience of using programming frameworks and code libraries.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Methodical approach to design, development and testing.
- Good understanding of XML and JSON.
- Excellent debugging skills using Chrome developer tools and mobile remote debugging tools.
- Good understanding of Git and GitHub.
- Good understanding of programming design patterns.
- Good understanding of image formats.
- Knowledge of code reviews and mobile operating systems would be advantageous.
- DevOps including Ansible, Docker and working with continuous integration pipelines
- Understanding of microservices architecture