IT Desktop Support Technician - Malta
Job ID: 7907
Job description: br> The primary focus of this position is on the installation, maintenance, troubleshooting and repair of desktops, laptops and IT equipment in general. Responsibilities also include providing first line support on hardware and software related issues. The applicant must be a highly organized individual with the ability to identify, troubleshoot, and report all computer / equipment related problems.
- Keep all workstations and laptops OS and 3rd party software up to date with the latest patches available.
- Log all tasks and hours worked in a ticketing system, while keeping detailed notes regarding current ticket status.
- Re-image and configure all workstations including PCs and laptops to ensure that any installed software and configurations abide by company policy.
- Carry out and / or assist with software and hardware installations on workstations, and support on workstation related issues.
- Carry out basic LAN troubleshooting up to the network outlet to help users solve any problems that might hinder or affect their productivity.
- Ensure the proper functioning of all IT office equipment so as to enable users to carry out their work with the least possible downtime.
- Maintain office equipment (including printers, projectors, phones, etc.) and any related documentation for reference purposes and to enable users to carry out their work with the least possible downtime.
- Relocate workstations and other IT related equipment as needed.
- Co-ordinate with the Desktop Support Manager to resolve any problems requiring specialized skills to assist users overcome problems that may affect their productivity.
- Keep the Desktop Support Manager informed about any outstanding issues and/or problems encountered on a daily basis to ensure that problems / issues affecting other teams / users are dealt with professionally and in a timely manner.
- Helps other team members with any issues they may encounter to maintain overall team effectiveness.
- 2+years in a similar role
- Excellent knowledge of computer hardware.
- Knowledge of development software and environments.
- General understanding of network protocols and technologies.
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office products such as Windows 10, MS Office 2016, and administrative experience within a Windows 2012/2016 Server Environment.
- Experience with Active Directory/Active Roles (account management, mailbox creation, setting permissions, etc.).
- Strong documentation and organization in continuing to build our knowledge base
- Ability to prioritize workload and meet deadlines.
- Excellent English language verbal and written communication skills.
- Hands on experience with SCCM or M.S. Certified Technology Specialist-Administering and Deploying System Center 2012 Configuration Manager Certification preferred.
- Knowledge of administering cloud phone systems such as 8×8.
- Knowledge of scripting with the purpose of process automation.
- Must be an EU national and already based in Malta.