QA/Software Development Engineer In Test
We are looking for a Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET) to develop and execute exploratory and automated tests to ensure product quality. This role responsibilities include designing and implementing tests, debugging and defining corrective actions. You will also review system requirements and track quality assurance metrics, like defect densities and open defect counts. The SDET role plays an important part in our company’s product development process.
Our ideal candidate will be responsible for conducting tests before product launches to ensure software runs smoothly and meets client needs, while being cost-effective. If you hold an engineering background and enjoy providing end-to-end solutions to software quality problems, we’d like to meet you. Ultimately, you should monitor all stages of software development to identify and resolve system malfunctions to meet quality standards.
- Review requirements, specifications and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback.
- Create detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans and test cases.
- Estimate, prioritize, plan and coordinate testing activities.
- Design, develop and execute automation scripts.
- Identify, record, document thoroughly and track bugs.
- Perform thorough regression testing when bugs are resolved.
- Develop and apply testing processes for new and existing products to meet client needs.
- Liaise with internal teams (e.g. developers and product managers) to identify system requirements
- Monitor debugging process results.
- Investigate the causes of non-conforming software and train users to implement solutions.
- Track quality assurance metrics, like defect densities and open defect counts.
- Stay up-to-date with new testing tools and test strategies.
Qualifications & Experience:
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject.
- Proven work experience in software development and/or software quality assurance.
- Strong knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools and processes.
- Experience in writing clear, concise and comprehensive test plans and test cases using Gherkin syntax.
- Hands-on experience with both white box and black box testing.
- Hands-on experience with automated testing tools.
- Solid knowledge of MySQL and .Net (C#) languages.
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process.
- Experience with performance and/or security testing is a plus.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office tools.
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing technical aspects to people with various backgrounds and management levels.
- Detail oriented, meticulous and methodical.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to learn and apply new technologies quickly independently.
- Strong work ethic, reliability and consistency.
- Must adapt well to change and successfully set and adjust priorities as needed.
For more information and to apply send CV to firstname.lastname@example.org