Sarah is originally from Berkshire in the UK and worked as a secondary school art teacher for four years before moving to Malta. She loved her experiences as a teacher and it was this enjoyment of interacting with people that led to her getting involved in the field of recruitment and started working with Betting Connections in October 2016. Sarah loves live music, animals, and sunshine, and has spent many summers at music festivals around the UK.
The Regional Regulatory Compliance Manager will be involved in deputising for the Head of Regulatory Compliance in all day-to-day duties and is expected to provide leadership within the team concerning their assigned jurisdictions.
To achieve this, the Regional Regulatory Compliance Manager must drive consistent planning and organisation of the team and monitor this to ensure that the team is effective in meeting the needs of the business. They must as an advocate for the vision, mission, pillars and objectives of the team. They will be required to take accountability for co-ordinating reporting produced by the team, as well as managing team and department meetings.
The Regional Regulatory Compliance Manager will be responsible for assisting the Head of Regulatory Compliance in ensuring the Regulatory Compliance team are properly resourced and assisting and supporting the Regulatory Compliance Managers wherever required.
- Ownership of the OKR process and tracking team progress against objectives;
- Development of tactics and processes for improving team effectiveness and efficiency;
- Organisation and planning of team and department meetings and reporting;
- Driving an increased level of professionalism and consistency in the work delivered by the Regulatory Compliance Managers
- Supporting the Regulatory Compliance Managers through coaching and influence;
- Maintaining a broad understanding of regulatory frameworks, AML and data protection
- Assisting in delivery of the programme of Compliance risk monitoring and reporting
- Deputising the Head of Regulatory Compliance and assisting with the delivery of team meetings and internal reporting
- Management of ad-hoc requests to the Regulatory Compliance team for the assigned jurisdictions and provide coverage for absence of other Regulatory Compliance Managers
- Compilation and maintenance and submission of internal reports, calendars and cheat sheets
- Prior experience in gambling compliance
- Prior experience in team management
- Exceptional organisation and prioritisation skills with proven ability to create and document tactical and strategic plans
- Highly diplomatic and able to support and empower colleagues
- A proven track record in stakeholder management and influencing skills
- Strong knowledge of regulatory frameworks and risk mitigation strategies
- Ability to apply knowledge of managing compliance to multiple jurisdictions and licences
- Exceptional communication skills and ability to work across all levels of the business
- Leadership qualities, including acting a role model and mentoring colleagues
- Exceptional attention to detail & accuracy, particularly in external communications
- Exceptional English language skills – both written and verbal
- All behavioural competencies are also essential
- Compliance qualifications such as the ICA Advanced Certification in Compliance
- Knowledge of wider regulatory requirements such as data protection and money laundering
- Ability to think out of the box, investigate and resolve problems efficiently
- A second European language ideally German, Spanish or Italian