Technical Writer - Malta
Job ID: 6374
The Technical Writer will be responsible for detailed product documentation for internal and external use. You will be responsible for ensuring that all technical documentation and technical marketing is clear and concise, detailed, and maintained on an ongoing basis. The documentation created will be used by our partners, customers, prospective partners and prospective customers. The role will liaise and coordinate closely with in-house departments and external partners/customers, ensuring a professional representation of the brand.
Going above and beyond the calls of everyday writing, the Technical Writer should understand exactly what it takes to succeed in the casino industry. The Technical Writer is a someone who is dedicated, keen to improve, is a strong communicator and capable of thinking on both business and technical lines. The role will be closely working with the casino product team, integration teams, game development teams, compliance teams, QA teams, marketing and our partners.
- Plans and delivers detailed product/technical documentation.
- Manages and maintains a catalogue of product documentation to be reused for multiple scenarios.
- Propose, research, and write content for a highly technical audience.
- Author a range of content such as eBooks, guides, tutorials, user manuals, training materials, FAQ pages, release notes, customer case studies, technical marketing and other content types that are technical in nature.
- Collaborate with our design, product and technical teams to plan and produce documentation.
- Continuously review and seek feedback from our partners/customers to develop content that meets their needs.
- Write or manipulate code samples to support content.
- Develop content to create a consistent, integrated brand perception and positive user-experience.
- Establish a technical writing style guide to help promote best practices and consistency.
- Develop technical specifications including, but not limited to:
- Functional workflows
- Sequence diagrams
- Network architecture diagrams
- Documentation of APIs
- Take ownership and define the approach for items such as Game Rules and Game Sheets.
Key Knowledge Required:
- Experience writing for software developers, architects and other highly technical audiences.
- Good engineering/technical background and knowledge.
- Ability to grasp and document highly technical concepts, theories and ideas.
- Ability to quickly gain an understanding of the system at a detailed technical level.
- Demonstrate the ability to write documentation (original and rewriting) that is clear, concise, consistent, and accurate.
- Expert attention to detail with strong organizational skills.
- Experience producing API documentation from developer-provided information.
- Familiarity with source control software.
- Ability to manage multiple projects at once and work independently to see that all deadlines are met.
- Outstanding written skills in English.
- Self-motivated to drive forward this key part of the organisation.
- 5+ years’ experience in software documentation, including an understanding of APIs and writing sequence diagrams.
- Pays attention to detail and takes pride in producing effective content.
- Takes interest in how people learn or view information and use the correct methods of generating content to meet different audiences.